👇Choose👇 a Language for Translation 選擇語言翻譯網頁

Attention Please

Attention Please
大會報告

Search Blog Posts 搜尋部落格內文章

Forward to friends 轉寄給朋友們

Sunday, June 25, 2023

【#Career】They choose to be snobby and looking down on others, however, why you care? 20230615

#CareerThey choose to be snobby and looking down on others, however, why you care? 20230615

 

按這裡看中文版


Hi. This is Emily from Taiwan, finance and accounting work background, the author of Whatsyouridea1996 blog.

 

First things first, I would like to recommend a song that makes people feel #happy: #HappySong by #HarlemYu


https://youtu.be/bX_iI2UKbdI

 


 

In this article, it involves some mental situation description, however, it’s my personal idea and observation only, and I didn’t possess any psyshological science or related medial research experience, its for your reference only.

 

Moreover, this time, it only includes idea of interaction and attitude among people in general circumstances, there is no further discussion about people using their language to belittle others, it involves in intentionally harm others and bully behavior, at this moment, the issues are too many and the scope is too big to be completed here.

 

 

This article is a response to an asked question, they don’t feel comfortable about people of snobbish eyes, comparing with others, showing off or looking down on others…at workplace, and hope could know the way to react, or, if possible, they want to know how to fight back.



Below are my advices:

-        People of snobbish- eyed, maybe they can go to the glasses stores or see the ophthalmologists to find solutions. 😆😄

-        Comparing, they need to define the standard measurement first. 😆

-        People are showing off, and, if they are the kind of persons they are talking about, why not we give them the applause; I would say, showing off is a kind of need for affirmation.

-        Please feel no triggering when being contemned. It means, if people are able to manage their own emotion well, they are powerful and nothing can defeat them!

 


Believe what you define yourself.

Below video describes a similar situation that I hope could share with you.

Please also keep in mind: no matter what kind of idea this video or I ‘ve brought to you, you are allowed to question it; when questioning, it means, you have the ability to think independently, you are not easy to be manipulated. Do you agree with it?

 

[Automatic translation function is available in the setting]

Channel Brainy Dose10 Ways You’re Giving Your Power Away - And How to Stop

 https://youtu.be/y3vqBACC6mE

 

 

Does it remind you of some kind of religious knowledge: be free, and don’t let external forces to impact how you feel; Avalokitesvara.( The Maha Prajna Paramita Hrdaya Sutra) This concept is not invented by Buddhism or Daoism only, many people who have no religious belief have already realized this kind of knowledge via real life experiencing.

How do you feel about this idea?

 

And, yes, there are people who make others feel unpleasant, however, what I want to advise is you practice your managing your own feeling to become a person not easy to be influenced, thus, the most important thing is to be invincible. 😊

Do you agree with this?!


I’ve experienced all the situation being asked for answers above, especially being belittled, and I felt angry then; however, after years and I’ve known some knowledge in the field of psycology and some religious sutra, I see it differently:

Their behavior: actually, they are seeking for external affirmation and attention, they hope could get affirmation by fighting others or getting closer to people who are in higher position than them.

My anger: it was because, at that moment, I suddenly found no proper words to express my anger when they intentionally be rude to me.

 

Thoughts:

If I didn’t experience this kind of situation that made me feel angry, maybe, I have nothing to share with you in this topic!

Experiencing unpleasant things was a kind of learning to know what the things really are, and know ourselves in our own opinion.

Do you agree?

 

Please choose interested topic and jump to the color to view; do remember to forward this page to your friends. Thank you.

 

The paragraphs are:

1.  How I define [snobbish].

2.  Why you care?!

3.  We feel unpleasant for being belittled rather than their snob.

4.  Comparing not only with colleagues but with superiors; the truth is…

5.  “It’s great! How many you are ranked?! And how many people you’ve helped?!”

6.  “I respect your choice; however, you have only one change to choose.”, “Because of morality, there is a great possibility I won’t choose you.”

7.  “I respect people who have achieved those things I cannot achieve; at the same time, I also avoid the halo effect.👈”I like myself like this.” (squint 😄)

8.  We are talking about others. We need to ask ourselves: “So, who I am?!”

9.  “It’s not I forgive others easily, it is I don’t want to make efforts to remember them.” 


1.   How I define [snobbish].

(1)  People, who give attention, respect or admire toward those who have higher social status, more power or more material things.

(2)  People, who feel it is not necessary to give attention toward those whose social status is lower than them or have less wealth or power; if they are belittle by those who are in higher position, they feel not happy, though, they don’t think there is anything wrong in this kind of behavior.

(3)  Snob=above (1)+(2); in folksay in Taiwan, people who are looking at upper side and never looking at lower side is snobbish. Do you agree?!

 

The snobbish behavior is also a kind of “birds of a feather flock together”, these people love to get closer to those who in higher material terms to make themselves feel they are the same kind of persons.

 

2.   Why you care?!

In above 1, if some people make you feel you are a person of lower material terms to they are avoiding you, you feel unpleasant accordingly, maybe, you also need to find way to understand why you feel unpleasant. No matter how much you have, maybe, you should know what is triggering your emotional unstable.

Below situation may apply to everyone:

-  Everyone has advantage.

-  A admires wealthy persons, and A thinks being wealthy is a kind of advantage or strength. B is not wealthy, however, B is in general economic level, B has other advantages.

-  In making friends, A has made a decision: to keep distance from B, because B has no advantage A wants; anything B has, A wants none of them.

-  Does B need to be angry?! Why or why not?!

A can choose who to be friends freely, B is no need to be angry.

3.   We feel unpleasant for being belittled rather than their snob.

Do you agree with the content of this headline of this paragraph?!

Advice: You don’t need to be responsible for others behavior and attitude.

 

I would advise you not to do below 2 things:

(1)  Be angry or be in negative emotion accordingly for over 24 hours.

(2)  Spend time in planning to fight back.

 

Reasons for above advice:

(1)  Do not invest your energy and time toward those who don’t value you/disrespect you.

(2)  Diamond Prajna ParamitaSutra told:「…who read, recite, study and follow this sutra, but are belittled by others. This is because of their previous bad karma, which would have otherwise caused them to be reborn in the wretched destinies, but now, by enduring the disparagement of others, this previous bad karma is eradicated, and they will eventually attain anuttara-samyak-sambodhi.

( #16 section in https://www.ctworld.org.tw/Buddhist%20e-Books/Books01/index.html )

Getting being belittled is erasing our bad karma, this is the knowledge some religion has taught us regarding the insult endurance and one of all the purpose of them.

 


Being belittled=encountering disrespectful behavior due to lower material status or in less powerful position.

It is natural reaction if we feel angry or not happy accordingly.

What to do?! à

Step1:To tell ourselves or people around us”In this experience, now I realize OOO is a snobbish person.”

We don’t need to remember or forget about this experience intentionally; we still need to focus on ourselves and people who value us rather than focusing on those who ignore us.

(You may feel something similar to those you’ve heard before?! In creating revenue, people usually promote the idea of invest more resources toward current customers or potential customers who are interested in us rather than keep persuading those who are not interested in our products or services….👉Emily suddenly becomes a sales person! 😆)

 


Step 2: Everyone keeps making efforts to make ourselves a better person everyday; someday, when you become a better person, OOO may appear again in a totally different attitude toward you, you will give proper reaction because you’ve grown up.

 

4.   Comparing not only with colleagues but with superiors; the truth is…

Every time, when talking about “comparing”, it always reminds me of my former team member, S, I feel sorry for her situation; she is a hard worker, however, she is less confidence, she loves to compare personal life with others( people posting picture on Meta), and she always admires other’s life and didn’t know her own advantage; in below story I found she was doing comparison between I and her former manager, I didn’t get angry but felt impressed she pays attention on others. In our work environment, S’s working years and age are senior, however, she has less experience in people interaction, it also reminds me of another colleague in other work firm. What a pity thing.

In an extremely cold period, S asked me why I wore the same coat everyday, unlike her former manager OOO, her clothes were different, she changed everyday…

I felt shocked S didn’t know it was impolite to ask questions in this way, not mentioning I was her manager.

I replied “Oh…it’s so cold, in all my big coats, this is the only one that can protect me from the cold these days, the amount I bought it was similar to our accountant clerk’s one-month salary, I can afford only 1 piece.” S shew the face :“what? The price is so high!!”, however, the more she explained the worse situation she put herself in it, she drastically changed her attitude toward me after this situation😒; in my point of view, regardless the work relationship in between, people don’t need to compare this at workplace, there is nothing to do with this at work.

The truth is:

All that glitters is not gold, and vice versa; if we don’t know the value of something, it is better we not to comment on it, otherwise, we expose our shortage by ourselves. This story is for your reference of similar things around you.

5.   “It’s great! How many you are ranked?! And how many people you’ve helped?!”

Many people shared their wealth situation with me, I usually gave them positive affirmation:

(1)   I can feel they need affirmation( this is true!).

(2)   Some said their son is good at making money, some said they married a rich person, and some shared they got inheritance that they are able to spend for lives; no matter who is creating the wealth, I always give affirmation because I think that is result of their work efforts in this life time or blessing or good karma from past life good deeds.


(3)   However, sometimes, the attitude of people who share this information make us feel not comfortable, then I would ask the question just like the one listed in this headline, it means, people in the list /Forbes are extremely wealthy, and, usually, they are passively reported…thus, why are those not in the list would like to show off by themselves?! When people in the first-place is keeping low- profile, why those not in the list are high-profile?!

6.   “I respect your choice; however, you have only one change to choose.”, “Because of morality, there is a great possibility I won’t choose you.”

This is the response for above 3., it’s the way I select friends for your reference.

I’m not a wealthy person and not coming from a rich family, either, thus, there were people keeping me away from them because of this situation, then I realize sometimes, we need to bring wealth proof with us when making friends😆😆😆; I respect their decision. However, after this kind of situation, some of them came to me for help for them something and I would not necessarily help them not because of revenge but I don’t want to be treated like being at their beck and call.

In making friends, I value morality in people, and, maybe some snobbish persons also value morality however, they consider the material things are the first priority rather than morality. What about yours?!

7.    “I respect people who have achieved those things I cannot achieve; at the same time, I also avoid the halo effect.👈”I like myself like this.” (squint 😄)

This means: I respect people who are powerful, rich and influential, because that is what I cannot achieve; I respect their having the ability to achieve these things. However, before knowing more of them, I don’t think people are perfect with no flaw due to their having more material things or power or in higher social status.

In the world, there are people who are rich, influential, and they are also kind persons, and, there are also people who may not be rich or powerful, however, they are kind and warm- hearted; to sum up, there are kinds of people in the world.

I believe you think the same.

8.    We are talking about others. We need to ask ourselves: “So, who I am?!”

Last but not the least, I would like to share a sentence I heard recently:

I am what I think!

You are what you think!

I’m not saying we describe ourselves in a funny way, however, do you think this makes sense, and this mindset is the same as what I’ve mentioned in previous paragraphs above, we don’t need to prove who we are by getting affirmation from others. It is surely you to define who you are, what kind of person you are; thus, in a work interview, we are usually asked to do:

(1)  Self -introduction=How would you introduce yourself?!

(2)  How will your managers/team members/colleagues describe you?!=How others would describe you?!

(3)  What is the difference between above two situation and why?!

There are always initiators of things, hence, treat ourselves the way we want others to treat us.

Thoughts would invest energy into the things we’re thinking, so, we need to think ourselves in a positive way: I am a person who possess OOO capability, and, I have the ability to improve my weakness, such as ###.


Do you agree?!

9.   “It’s not I forgive others easily, it is I don’t want to make efforts to remember them.”

In similar issues happening at workplace, people would talk about something related to forgiving if those snobbish persons apologize to those being disrespected; this also happened to me at work, they said sorry to me, however, I shew I don’t care so much about those things, my superiors and colleagues said I am a person of big tolerance, I responded it is a misunderstanding out of kind will saying I have the [big tolerance]:


(1) They have lost my trust already, what I need to react? In my mind, I deleted them directly!

(2) Everyone needs to take the responsibility of their own karma created by themselves; everyday, looking at the mirror, it is them need to face to the snobbish persons, not me. Why I need to tangle it?! Roger over! 😁


Conclusion: Do not forget sending loves and lights!

 

This is Emily, I hope above content is helpful to you:

Please sponsor per help you’ve got here

-   Payment page and its explanation.

-   Sponsors please comment on Brands Wall.

-   Sponsor and advertise for free; please share the way you want to advertise via Return forKindness. 

-     Follow me via LinkedIn, 👍 this post and click the 🔔to receive notice.

-     Download blog’s category and forward to 3 persons.

-     Click [Attention, Please] to view news and find special offers for your advertising opportunity.

-     Participate the Self-Media and promote yourself, recommend books and show caring to advertise for free. 

-     Ask me a question. 

 

Wishing you good health, peace and happiness and abundance and prosperity.

 

Thank you, resources

#Pinterest, #PixLr, #Illustrations, #Pixabay, #Google, #YouTube, #Blogger, #Meta, #Line, #FollowIt, #LinkedIn, #KissCC0,#Skype ,

#SwashyFont , #pexels

keywords#whatsyouridea #whatshyouridea1996  #Career #Snobbish #belittled #scorn #tolerance #TheMahaPrajnaParamitaHrdayaSutra #DiamondPrajnaParamitaSutra



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here or email to whatsyouridea1996@gmail.com

Forward to friends 轉寄給朋友們

C1.Ads space available for rent 廣告空間招租中 W900 X H300

C1.Ads space available for rent 廣告空間招租中 W900 X H300
【#ReadersSay #SelfMedia】Recommend a book, advertise for free!

C2.Ads space available for rent 廣告空間招租中 W900 X H300

C2.Ads space available for rent 廣告空間招租中  W900 X H300
[額外]提供您18張廣告圖像曝光機會!